Welcome to Skyway Luggage! Since 1910, we have provided an exceptional ownership experience to countless travelers who built a lifetime of memories while traveling with our products. Our product warranty stems from our mission, and we are committed to helping you enjoy memorable travel adventures for years to come.
Let's go on an adventure together!
Each Skyway and American Explorer product is protected by a specific warranty. Check your product hangtag to find the applicable warranty for your bag. The Warranty goes into effect from the date of original purchase at retail.
Products Covered by the Warranty
This warranty extends to luggage and other travel goods manufactured by Skyway Luggage ("Skyway") and purchased directly from Skyway or its authorized retailers and distributors. Luggage is designed to be used for travel by air, car, train, boat, and foot. This Warranty does not cover your luggage if you use it in a manner incompatible with its intended design.
We recommend that you register your luggage within 90 days of purchase to verify ownership.
Benefits of registering your luggage:
- Verify ownership
- Gain access to additional product and marketing information
- Your purchase may qualify for a complimentary gift
Please visit our Product Registration page.
Proof of Purchase
Please save your store receipt as proof of purchase. This will be needed to confirm your warranty coverage unless you have registered your product with our Product Registration program. If you no longer have your receipt, we may be able to verify the production year of your product by using its style number.
(WHEELED LUGGAGE -i.e. SUITCASES, ROLLING GARMENT BAGS & DUFFELS and PERSONAL ITEMS -i.e. NON-WHEELED TOTES, BACKPACKS, DUFFELS)
10-Year Limited Warranty | 5-Year Limited Warranty
See below for the terms and conditions of this warranty.
THE WARRANTY COVERS:
- Defects due to faulty materials or workmanship, subject to normal conditions of use.
THE WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER:
- Defects caused by normal wear and tear. Moving parts (i.e. handles, zippers) and wheels will show signs of normal wear with use and may need to be repaired or replaced.
- Damage caused by misuse, neglect, accidents, exposure to extreme temperatures, solvents, acids, water, or transportation damage (i.e. by airline, hotels, etc).
- Damage caused by service (including repairs) performed by anyone not duly authorized by Ricardo Beverly Hills or its representatives.
- Cosmetic damage such as scratches or stained fabrics, dings, scuffs, color changes, or any other non-functional changes in the appearance of the product that occur during normal handling and which do not impair the functionality of the luggage. Aluminum luggage is particularly susceptible to cosmetic damage.
- Incidental or consequential damages such as loss of the contents of a bag, loss of use, loss of time or similar expense, loss of functionality due to the consumer being locked out of their luggage.
- Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights which vary from state to state.